FUE S.A.F.E. System for Revolutionary Hair Transformation
- Meet the man responsible for the S.A.F.E. System
- What is the S.A.F.E. System?
- What are the benefits of the S.A.F.E. System?
- Undergoing FUE with HairPalace
Hair transplant surgery is a highly-effective solution for men and women affected by baldness, and the S.A.F.E. System is a remarkable tool helping HairPalace’s experts achieve transformative results.
Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE) is a safe procedure creating a natural look with minimal scarring.
Unlike the strip-based Follicular Unit Transplantation (FUT) technique, FUE’s traces are virtually unnoticeable and patients will have more freedom to wear their hair short.
The S.A.F.E. System has given hair-transplant surgeons across the world an invaluable tool for long-lasting FUE treatments, but what’s the story behind it?
Meet the man responsible for the S.A.F.E. System
The S.A.F.E. System was created by James A. Harris, MD, a clinical professor in hair transplantation.
He graduated with honors from the University of Colorado School of Medicine in 1989, is a Diplomate of the American Board of Otolaryngology and a Fellow of the American College of Surgeons.
Dr Harris was the recipient of the prestigious 2014 Golden Follicle Award: this title is an annual accolade is presented to an ISHRS (International Society of Hair Restoration Surgery) member, awarded for major contributions to the hair-restoration field.
Dr Harris earned his Golden Follicle Award for advancing FUE procedures, which in turn continues to aid patients undergoing Follicular Unit Extraction surgery.
He established the Hair Sciences Center of Colorado, and remains its director.
He is on the faculty of the University of Colorado School of Medicine too, sharing his years of training and experience through hair-restoration education.
Dr Harris was inspired to design a revolutionary tool to facilitate more effective, efficient hair transplant surgery due to the number of potential follicles being lost during FUE treatments.
He saw an opportunity to maximize the success of this surgery and began work on the field’s first blunt-punch tool — the S.A.F.E. System.
What is the S.A.F.E. System?
The S.A.F.E. (Surgically Advanced Follicular Extraction) System empowers our surgeons with a more precise, efficient tool for FUE procedures.
It reduces the risk of follicular damage significantly and boosts the number of grafts that may be performed in a single day of treatment.
The S.A.F.E. System functions almost as a small rounded drill without actually creating an incision in the flesh. In the hands of highly-trained, experienced specialists, this tool is an outstanding aid to cutting-edge surgery, helping to give patients the fuller hair they thought they had lost forever.
Hair follicles can be harvested more safely and accurately, taking the potential for damaged follicles down significantly.
What are the benefits of the S.A.F.E. System?
Dr. Harris’s S.A.F.E. System is a remarkable achievement that offers the following major benefits:
- Graft trauma is minimized and the transection rate drops to just 2.8% — down from between 20 – 30 in traditional surgery.
- On average, over 2000 grafts may be undertaken each session for faster, yet more accurate results.
- The S.A.F.E. System leaves no linear scarring and patients experience less discomfort after the procedure is complete; healing time is lessened too, equating to reduced lifestyle disruption overall. This is a major factor to consider for busy patients who cannot allow for extensive downtime due to responsibilities.
- As surgeons have the flexibility to choose hair characteristics and the number of hairs implanted into the scalp, the results accomplished are more natural.
- In traditional FUE, hairs are taken from the back and / or sides of the head and transplanted to donor sites. However, this system lets surgeons harvest hairs from across the body — such as the back, stomach and chest. This typically isn’t the surgeon’s first choice but it remains a powerful option for patients lacking enough hair on their scalp.
- In the past, patients with grey hair or Afro-Caribbean hair have been unable to undergo FUE surgery to restore fuller growth. This opens the opportunity for hair-restoration procedures up to a wider, more diverse demographic.
- A depth-blocking function prevents surgeons cutting too deeply into the flesh, creating less risk of damage and scarring.
As you can see, the S.A.F.E. System is a terrific force in the field of hair restoration, and HairPalace is proud to use the S.A.F.E. Scribe in its FUE procedures for all patients.
Undergoing FUE with HairPalace
HairPalace’s hair transplant specialists are driven to create the most natural, transformative results for patients of different ages and needs.
The FUE SafeScribe, from Harris FUE Instruments, plays a core role in our hair-restoration surgery, and you can rest assured that your procedure will be performed by only the most experienced, well-trained specialists for the best outcome.
FUE is a solution for common problems like male pattern baldness and receding hairlines, achieving a more youthful look that lasts.
Our hair restoration treatments are undertaken by our colleagues in Budapest, Hungary — a beautiful city with so much to offer.
You’ll have time to explore and take in the sights before or after your procedure; you can combine your restorative treatment with a relaxing trip to one of Europe’s most famous cities.
During our consultation our experts will discuss your hair and scalp’s current condition, before creating the right hair transplantation treatment plan to suit your unique needs.
We strive to make this process as simple and convenient as we possibly can for every patient.
We’re always on hand to provide help and our colleagues in Budapest speak English to a high standard, ensuring friendly, welcoming, efficient service.
Want to book your consultation now? Want to get a free quote? Please don’t hesitate to get in touch!
- Shiell RC. A review of modern surgical hair restoration techniques. J Cutan Aesthet Surg. 2008;1:12–6https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/20300332
- Garg AK, Garg S. Donor Harvesting: Follicular Unit Excision. J Cutan Aesthet Surg. 2018 Oct-Dec;11(4):195-201. doi: 10.4103/JCAS.JCAS_123_18. PMID: 30886473; PMCID: PMC6371717.https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6371717/
- Dua, Aman; Dua, Kapil1. Follicular Unit Extraction Hair Transplant. Journal of Cutaneous and Aesthetic Surgery 3(2):p 76-81, May–Aug 2010. | DOI: 10.4103/0974-2077.69015https://journals.lww.com/jcas/Fulltext/2010/03020/Follicular_Unit_Extraction_Hair_Transplant.3.aspx