- Itching may occur both around the donor part as well as the recipient area during the healing process. In any case, avoid scratching the recipient area!
- If you have persistent pain, throbbing, or other symptoms suggestive of inflammation, you should contact our clinic immediately!
- If you wish to use any other products not suggested by the clinic (e.g. Aloe Vera creams, creams accelerating healing etc.), please consult HairPalace in advance as some of these products may help the healing process, however, we may not recommend them in all cases, and their use may cause the loss of the guarantee.
- You cannot cover your head; the use of hats and caps is FORBIDDEN during the first 3 post-operative weeks!
- During the first 3 weeks avoid any physical exertion such as sport or any other activities that would increase your blood pressure and cause you to sweat.
- After the intervention avoid exposing your head to direct sunlight, cold, wind, tanning as well as sauna for at least 6-8 weeks. 3 weeks after, if you have to expose your scalp to sunlight, then you must wear a lightweight head cover of any kind (head scarf, loose cap or straw hat).
FIRST POST-OPERATIVE WEEK
SECOND POST-OPERATIVE WEEK
- The saline solution spray will no longer be needed, and you may start applying water on the recipient area instead. However, the use of shampoo is still forbidden!
- It is important that the crusts around the newly implanted hairs should be gently washed off during the next two week. Stay under the shower for 20-30 minutes and soak the scalp in clear, lukewarm tapwater until the crusts soften up completely. Then, using only the fingertips, you can gently massage the scalp to help the crusts fall off. Please make sure not to apply any pressure or rub or scratch the scalp, the implanted hairs must stay in place. Do not scrape the crusts!
Then you can rinse the scalp and let it dry.
Not all of the crust will come off at once; you will have to repeat the soaking and massaging once a day.
It is very important to wash off all the crusts on the donor and as well as the recipient area by the end of the third post-operative week!
- During the second post-operative week you may sleep horizontally.
THIRD POST-OPERATIVE WEEK
- You have to continue soaking and massaging your head with baby shampoo. Please remain gentle with the scalp.
One month after the surgery you may return to using normal shampoo. It will also be allowed to get a haircut on both the donor and the recipient areas.
In 3 to 12 weeks, most of the implanted hair will fall out, which is normal. From the 4th post-op month new hairs will start growing, the density of your hair will increase and the result will become more and more visible.
The final result can be expected in 12 to 18 months. By this time, the transplanted hair will grow out and patients will experience some spectacular changes.